Announcing a world class training event by international consultant and trainer John Atkinson* and Accredited by Jaspar Alliance London, Ltd.
ADVANCED PROCUREMENT, LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Globally, potential client organisations are utilising ever sophisticated tender questioning to not only drive competitive costs, but also to determine the underlying: Compliance, Capability and Compatibility of potential suppliers.
The advanced level course has been specifically designed to enable delegates to utilise advanced level strategic Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management thinking and methodology to enhance their organisational capability and success rate in winning contracts through Invitations to Tender.
The course covers the leading edge strategies and practices within each element, and then expands to demonstrate how the strategies and practices maybe integrated within Zarawa Logistics to drive additional revenue from winning tender opportunities and thus meet the increasing demands from potential client organisations in a structured, evidence based way.
Delegates will receive a soft copy of the Supply Chain & Inventory Management model. This fully functional model enables delegates to: baseline current performance, apply improvement techniques and evidence outputs within client tender submissions.
In addition to the course learning detailed below, at the end of each day, the instructor will be available for one to one discussion or to address any key challenges faced by delegates.
Who should attend?
Delegates who have strong knowledge of Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management and who are looking for leading edge strategies to enable additional internal cost base reduction and increased contract wins.
Day 1: Key Strategic Procurement Positioning:
· Establishing key Quality, Cost, Delivery & Risk (QCDR) Strategies.
· Key strategic decisions within Procurement.
· Leveraging the 3C’s - Compliance, Capability & Compatibility.
· Utilising internal Procurement Strategies including: sourcing and management of strategic supply base, sub-contractor management to create tender leverage.
· Ensuring compliance - Technical, Legal, CSR, Environmental to instil confidence from buyers.
· Demonstrating excellence within invitations to tender.
· Strategic negotiation techniques.
Day 2:Effective Logistics Management:
· Ensuring: Visibility, Traceability and Security within Logistics.
· Key Strategic decisions within Logistics.
· Positioning Logistics both Inbound and Outbound as an efficiency enhancement and “client bottleneck” Solution.
· Advanced Logistics techniques including: Cross-docking, Reverse Logistics efficiencies.
· Use of technology to underpin client confidence.
· Demonstrating Logistics resilience through effective systems and process management.
Day 3: Strategic Supply Chain Management:
· The Supply Chain & Inventory Management toolkit.
· Key Strategic decisions within Supply Chain Management.
· Warehouse space planning techniques to reduce cost and enable
· Profitable and extended client “reach”
· Managing and evidencing Effective Supply Chain Risk.
· Developing added value opportunities for clients.
MODULE LEARNING OUTPUTS:
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
· Understand and apply the key principles of Strategic procurement to both enhance capability at optimal cost base.
· Evidence organisational capability from Procurement, through to Logistics & SCM.
· Leverage leading edge bottleneck solution and value add strategies to enhance client confidence and tender success.
· Utilise a range of methodologies to manage and enhance Supply Chain performance.
· Create and implement effective vendor performance strategies.
· Develop effective negotiation strategies.
· Apply effective risk management techniques to not only mitigate supply chain risk, but also enhance client confidence.
A blend of delivery styles to ensure that all delegate learning patterns are catered for; oral, visual & kinaesthetic. Course content will follow a format of: introduction of a topic, discussion of the topic to aid theoretical understanding and place the topic within the wider process context. Real world client examples and case studies will be utilised throughout, which will be combined with practical exercises for each topic, leading to delegates having applied theory, discussion, and practice to the whole procurement, logistics and supply chain cycle throughout the course.
**John Atkinson is an independent business consultant and trainer specialising in procurement & supply chain. Based in Worcestershire, UK.
John’s corporate experience spans some 30 years including Head of Group & Global Procurement for Focus Wickes plc where he was responsible for the full creation and implementation of global sourcing initiatives, supplier/vendor management and commercial contract negotiation. John has also held senior roles within Barclays Bank corporate and led a wide and diverse range of teams, both locally and globally. John is also a certified instructor in delivering emotional intelligence training and has wide international Oil & Gas, State Ministry, Regulatory Bodies, United Nations, Telecoms and banking sector experience, including:
Kuwait, Iraq, Qatar, KDR, China, Germany, Malaysia, East & West Africa, France and Sweden.
As a consultant and trainer for the last 13 years John is passionate about delivery, and utilises his career expertise to ensure that clients receive leading edge training results, enabling delegates to understand not only the subject matter, but also the application and usage to add value both to their role and within the wider organisational environment.
For clients, John believes it is crucial to understand their key requirements and required results from training; therefore each course is bespoke and created specifically to meet the client’s individual needs.
For course delegates, John believes that people learn in a variety of ways; therefore all courses incorporate a mixture of theory and practical exercises reinforced with real world examples to embed the course materials. Thus ensuring both client and delegate achieve measurable training benefits.
For more information please call 0750 3605624